Monday, February 1, 2016

Basement Waterproofing & Backfill

Basement Waterproofing and Back-filling the Basement Walls
Just as Curt had promised the basement contractors finished up removing all of the wall forms on Friday and so far everything looks good but I want to get down in the pit and take a closer look at the walls. Today they waterproofed the basement walls, back-filled the basement walls and filled the garage floor with stone. They also delivered some of the wood for framing! Things are starting to fall into place.


At this point the back-fill looks like a really rough grade and I’m guessing they will be coming back later in the process to do a finished grade, I am going to follow up with curt on this but here are some pictures.







The ground was really muddy and since i had my work shoes on i did not want to walk around the foundation, but i did notice a crack in the foundation where the porch and garage meet. I am going to bring it up with Curt to see if its something we should be concerned about.





1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! tile

    ReplyDelete